- Lea Chiavaras
- Angela Simonson
- Julie Johnson
- Becky Albertson
- Therese Simpson
- Nann Parrett
- Annie Tague
- Sue Sweeney
- Marla Unruh
- Cherelyn Routzahn
- Megan Field
Annie Tague came to represent lower Montessori, show what she bought with wish list from the funds we distributed. Went to national montessori conference.
- Grammar game.
- Measuring activity having rulers. Measure sticks
- Cards to go with great lessons. Sorting cards.
- Cards to go with 4th/5th coming of language lesson
- Cards showing ancient math artifacts
- 6 kingdoms cards with manipulatives
- Income: $588.09 A lot of expenses: $3,031.89
- Bulk of money was for ordering online
- Everyone who submitted request taken care of
- Checks issued for field trip. We request they mention PTC so parents don’t contribute
- We earned on 15-month CD earned about $35. October to current $66.46
- Ordered 7 pencil sharpeners
- Ink cartridges
- Set of colored pencils
- hurdles, basketballs
- Plastic organizers
- Tons of head phones with hard cases
- Won’t be at May meeting. Wants to create year-to-date income for next meeting
- Getting 1000 buttons. Should be set for a couple years.
- Good for preschool through 2nd grade. Can get other pads
- Thinking of writing a grant to get four more so could have stations and teachers could have centers.
- One school one book. All six schools doing same books. Getting together this summer to plan activities. Book will be BFG. Ordered today for $1 apiece. Parent involvement funds for title one. Paid for.
- Got paper work for MCT. Play is Peter and Wendy
- Busy month
- L&C literacy coming to scho. MWTF. Volunteers read to two kids. Kids read to them. Kids that forget.
- WED night meet pals with parents
- Taco Johns Thursday. Coupons went out. Hard copies at front office
- Weekly broadcast. FB. Every Monday a broadcast will go out. Teachers will show in classrooms.
- Interviewing for MRS Fish’s job.
- Preschool story hour CRA orientation on April 20.
- Next week APPT (Dinner starts at 5:30) night and Bingo. Bingo starts at 6)
- Need volunteer signup for Bingo. Sue will get Bingo machine from Knights of Columbus
- Food and prizes? Amy Sark brought prizes we could use. Don’t have a lot of adult prizes. Kites.
- Caroll College doing Little Mermaid. Only some classes going April 26th
- Screen free April 23-27
- MONDAY: Mt. Helena
- TUESDAY: kickball barney park
- WEDNESDAY: XWorks 5:30-7:30
- THURSDAY: Spring meadow scavenger hunt
- Grandstreet words by kids April 27
- May 4 Vigilante dismiss at 11
- May 9 parent night CRA
- May 11 Delany to Water Works
PARENT ADVISORY REPORT
- Status of last day of school
What are we doing? No day dropped from snow day. Making adjustment for K-5 by shortening little bits (recess, lunch, etc.)
- School grounds
Who’s responsible for grounds/playgrounds? Budget issue that falls under maintenance.
- Photography contract
Letter to Interstate. Bidding again. No contact in place. Looking at RFQ.
- Safe, secure entries in schools
– $8 million from bond for K-8, starting on FG’s, CRA, HMS.
– Change access to card key
– All access points close/locked, with new communication system in elementaries with messaging boards in all classrooms plus two-way audio/video, colored lights
– Making the offices a line of sight or vestibule buzz-in. Will be a little while for Broadwater
-Capital high asked about its security: Redirecting district funds (building reserve moneys) to manage HS security
– HS walk-out security question: SROs at schools, monitored by teachers/staff, how to deal with opposition
- Build Our Plate summary
- District wellness committee updates
- Other points:
– What is cell phone policy? No apparent district policy or school policies are in place.
– Who does sidewalk maintenance? Short-staffed and short-funded. Can PTOs pay to clear?
COLOR RUN UPDATES
- We need 100 people registered by Friday. We will have to pay more per registrant. Sue will send out another reminder. Another FB post. Encourage friends. We are currently at 79.
- Classroom runners are registered.
- Signage for route: Nann and Therese
- Posters are being printed
- Lea will talk to CARROLL about using tables
- Carroll volunteers will help
- Kiwanis volunteers
- Home Depot donating 11 cases of water
- Borrowing Broadwater recycling bins
- Nann put volunteer link onto website
- Lea will contact people as needed
- Thankyou notes ready for sponsors
- Angela will send letter to Capital Collision
- Angela will recent the letter
- Paras ordered playground equipment. Up to what amount? Sue will order. Motion and voted
- Ordered three cases from Real Food. $36/case 100/case.
- Panhandler giving apple slicers
- We can use snack bins? Sue will look for them.
- Volunteers? 4:30 Wednesday to 5:30 (Wash, Dry, Sort)
- Becky Anderson to pick up the apples.
- One day a week on Tuesday.
- Rough draft of permission slip. Needs to go out this week.
- Need to be returned next week. Need to know account for teeshirts by Friday.
- Nann to print out
- four-lap day should get two feet.
- Six weeks. Starts April 24 through May 29.
STUDENT DEBT (Points to bring up for Parent Advisory Council)
- Parents should have to sign permission for students to use charge.
- Is it a district, state, or national thing to determine that?