- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Lea Chiavaras
- Angela Simonson
- Nann Parrett
- New approach: instead of giving cashflow every month, show financial income statement.. Year End Statement will be issued at end of every FY. FY Starts Aug. 1 through July 31 Full account of income and expenses.
- Monthly statement: month/FY 2018/ % budget, monthly and year-end
- Angela needs to post year-end to Guide Star, a non-profit web. Indicates financial health.
- We will be able to see % of budget. Angela will always have the FY budget at meetings. Voted to adopt. All in favor.
- Teacher allowance: $100 visa cards at the beginning of the year—with plan to issue a second card in January if fundraising meets goals for fall.
- Question: What is the plan for the $25k (give or take) sitting in our accounts? Suggested we use for programming. Suggestion to explore outdoor school programming for 5th graders? Something to explore.
- Put $500 into principal account at beginning of year. All in favor.
- Snacks? Keep $900 but work to get Sodexo to pay for snacks this year. Easier for PTC and budget.
- Budget slushfund: Minimize donations to other non-profits. Don’t set aside funds for now. Need to assign committee to recommend adjustment to the bylaws, addressing donations for items/people other than our own students
Other Fundraising/budget items:
- Angela write request letter for Costco spending money, $25
- We need to promote access to form for reduced lunch and actively encourage people to participate
- First week of school, send forms home
- 2 weeks later, send home ¼-sheet reminder
- Student directory: can we avoid printing costs by making PDF available and emailing it out? Offer a button for requesting a printed version. Angela will ask Sue
- Water fountain filters: Angela to research cost of filters
- Nann research snack: No Kid Hungry/VISTA
- Angela to finalize budget for meeting and email to officers
- Lea to email budget to officers
- New Business
- Grass dead, replaced with weeds
- Cottonwood tree hitting wire. Angela to contact city to see who to pay
- In general email reports for PTC meetings prior to meeting so we can keep meeting to 1 hour max:
- Email agenda
- Email financials
- Email Sue, Marla reports –will not read reports at meeting, only highlights and asks for PTC help
- Email Parent Advisory notes –same as above
- Email any additions action-item reports
- First week in August Lea to send out volunteer signup list
- Lea ask for 300 donuts. Need 8-10 doz. (Safeway, Vans, Dirty Dozen):
- Request different space. Want to be with games
- That we explore (in the future) a different activity that doesn’t involve donuts
- Lea to start FB posts again in August
- Nann to make sure all minutes posted on the website
- Nann get cost of SSL certificate for two years
- Nann set up FB feed on website and determine costs
- Post Amazon Smile to all sites
Donation Request Form:
- Start work on it. Need to have final ready by Sept. 1
- Lea email board for review. Options:
- Donation for raffle
- Donation for color run
- Donation for both
- Have ready final revision ready for Sept. meeting.
- Assignments for asks during August meeting
- Business letters out Sept 1
- What’s happening with Central School’s modular buildings when the new school opens? Nann to inquire with the district.
- Post year-end budget to Guide Star (Angela)
- Apply for COSTCO donation (Angela)
- Ask Sue about student directory in PDF form to cut printing costs (Angela)
- Research snack options from No Kid Hungry (Nann)
- Explore outdoor school programming (Nann)
- Research cost of water filters (Angela)
- Finalize annual budget for Officers’ review (Angela)
- Send final annual budget to PTC council (Lea)
- Contact City RE who pays for cottonwood tree trimming away from wires (Angela)
- Send out volunteer signup list (Lea)
- Secure donuts for Carnival (Lea)
- Request different Carnival space (Lea)
- Start FB posts again (Lea)
- Website updates: minutes, SSL certificate, FB feed, Amazon Smile button (Nann)
- Draft initial donation request letter for businesses (Lea/Angela)
- Find out info about modulars (Nann)